How to Become a PRAC Member
park rangers association of california
Membership Dues Structure
& Annual Dues
Active Membership, voting- 1 year regular membership $50
Active Membership, voting- 3 year regular membership
Active Membership, voting- 5 year regular membership
Retired Membership, voting $35
Associate Membership, non voting $35
Student Membership, non-voting $20
Agency Membership, non voting- up to 24 employees
6 mailings per year $100
Agency Membership, non voting- 25 or more employees
12 mailings per year $150
Supporting Membership, non voting $100 per year
a. Regular Member
- includes permanent, part-time, seasonal, or managerial positions with uniformed park experience.
b. Honorary Member
- includes any individual formally recognized for distinguished service devoted to the objectives of the association. An honorary member may be any person who is nominated by a member of any membership class and approved by a unanimous vote of the Board of Directors. Honorary members shall receive lifetime benefits of regular membership, including registration discounts to the annual conference and training events, and all publications.
c. Retired Member
- includes retired permanent, part-time, seasonal, or managerial positions with uniformed park experience.
- includes park agencies which employ uniformed park personnel and agencies supporting the park ranger profession.
- includes full-time students interested in positions in parks as uniformed personnel.
- includes anyone interested in the ranger profession, but who has not had uniformed experience.
- includes any individual or group that wishes to contribute financially to the advancement of the ranger profession; a supporting member may be a voting member if the individual meets the qualifications of regular membership.